Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garages. Talk to me!

Regular
    Mine is 8 foot by 21 foot a bit snug when working on one side but you work with what you got

So, my current single is 3m by 6m. Same as yours Sean. Overall I'm happy with the length but the width is an issue. I can work all around the car but the big corrado doors need a bit of finesse to get in and out.

I'm happy that whatever we end up building I'll have to move cars around to work on them but getting 2 in with some space to store things and get around them would be nice.
    Corrado VR6 'Mincy' - 24v Conversion, AP Racing 4pots, Koni Coilovers, Rota Force 17's, Vibra-Technics Competition/Road, TT Dual Borla, Fresh paint.......... sold 2011.... Bought back 2013!
    Corrado VR6, R32 conversion - sold 2013
    CCGB #2907

⋆⋆ CF Member ⋆⋆
    Consider windows carefully, natural is much better than artificial light. I bought new miss-measured windows off ebay, 2 1200 X 1200 (£60 complete with glass) and a pair of French doors on one side (£250 with glass) and a large Georgian style for the rear (£55). The other side has 2 small window (£10 the pair) as it against a fence, towards the double doors giving me room for 2 full height cupboards near the benches. I also have a porthole in the gable for the loft (£80). All lintels are also ebay and it saved me around a grand off the build price.

Its all done for a purpose, but the Mrs likes it because it doesn't look like a garage....

Blog Entries
    Obviously get it as wide as you can, but if it's going to be a push, make sure you put a double roller shutter door in it, so if you need to work on a car, you can leave the other car outside and have the one you are working on in the middle of the space, which is hard to do if you have a pillar in the middle

3.2 Storm.

My 3.2 Storm build thread...[http://the-corrado.net/showthread.ph...terior-photos]

hi, just finished my garage extension and it measures 7m x 4m ,plenty room for corrado ,architect is correct about size for planning and you have to watch pitch of roof isn't too great.

Quote Originally Posted by KipVR View Post
    Obviously get it as wide as you can, but if it's going to be a push, make sure you put a double roller shutter door in it, so if you need to work on a car, you can leave the other car outside and have the one you are working on in the middle of the space, which is hard to do if you have a pillar in the middle

That was one of my criteria. Need to be able to drive the car right into the middle.

Current plan is to have a lift on one side, possible in the ground as mentions by Sean earlier. The biggest issue I seem to be facing is that the part of the village I'm in is all single garages, most set back a little, and I'll be putting this big double with a room above and moving it forward to be in line with the rest of the house.

Still waiting on plans from the architect at the moment...
    Corrado VR6 'Mincy' - 24v Conversion, AP Racing 4pots, Koni Coilovers, Rota Force 17's, Vibra-Technics Competition/Road, TT Dual Borla, Fresh paint.......... sold 2011.... Bought back 2013!
    Corrado VR6, R32 conversion - sold 2013
    CCGB #2907

Quote Originally Posted by mic_VR View Post
    Overall I'm happy with the length but the width is an issue.
    That's what she said last night.
    Did have: 94 Corrado R32
    Now have: 2004 Golf R32

As mentioned before Mic light will be key.

If teh garage is teh full depth of teh house I would suggest putting bi folding doors on the back. This will get plenty of light, during the colder months door closed but during the summer months open teh doors fresh air flowing in without the need to open the front door to the world.
    Chris
    93 Bordeaux Pearl VR6 'Verity'
    94 Blackberry VR6 - not anymore
    92 Dragon Green VR6 daily
    93 Aqua Blue VR6
    89 Black 16v breaking

previous rados
    91 Bordeaux pearl 1.8 16v
    94 Sherry Pearl VR6
    93 Bordeaux pearl VR6
    93 Aqua Blue VR6
    94 Moonlight Blue VR6